Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More in regards to Talent Searches...

If you can stand it here is one more tidbit.. if an agency or Company insists that you get photos or comp cards (or even classes or portfolios) done with them as a condition of membership - RUN. You should always be able to choose who does your photos. It within the agency's rights to approve or disapprove your photos as some photos may not be right but you should have the right to get photos done by whomever you like. We provide our talent with a comprehensive list of photogs who know how to shoot the kind of work we need and we make NOTHING from these shoots.
One of the complaints I read about in regards to some of these scouting companies was that none of the models that already had comps, photos and portfolios were selected. They only selected people with no photos. Why wouldn't you want people with photos and experience? We prefer those people! RED FLAG!!

2 comments:

Talent Solutions said...

Uh, I emailed you in reference to being with your company and sent you a photo. An automated email then responded stating that my photo was not good enough and you gave me a list of name for professional photographers in my area, so how is that not telling me I need to go out, SPEND MY MONEY, and get photos because my personal photos were not good enough. SO how are you any different, You are not! Also you are affiliated with a modeling school so again you contradict yourself time and time again!

Ann Marie said...

I created a new post to address this comment from TALENT SOLUTIONS. I could have deleted this as moderator but I thought I would continue to allow these people to show their true colors. Nothing I could say about them could make them look worse :) Ann Marie Stonecypher, Moderator